I love to write. There is something magical about this relaxing process through which one can pen down what one feels.
This is precisely why it feels amazing to be liked for doing what you love most! Rishabh has nominated me for the ‘One Lovely Blog Award’. This award has really cheered me up! Thanks a lot for this nomination! 😊
Rishabh has a lovely and interesting blog set up here and is just starting to review books as well. I look forward to his posts! Do check out his blog!
Coming back to the awards!
Here are the rules:
- Each nominee must thank the person who nominated them and link their blog in their post.
- They must include the rules and add the blog award badge as an image.
- Must add 7 facts about themselves.
- Nominate 15 people to do the award!
So here are 7 facts about me:
- I love eating sweets. I am a hopeless sweet-tooth!
- I love the smell of new books.
- Home is my favourite place to be!
- Sometimes I can turn into a couch potato.
- I love playing badminton.
- My personality type is INFP.
- Any sort of news related to science interests me.
I don’t want to break the actual rules but choosing only 15 bloggers from all the lovely bloggers out here is something I really could not do. This is why I wish to nominate every blogger here who wants to participate as I think every one deserves this one! In fact I would love it if every one who reads this post comments on it by stating at least one fact about themselves.
Looking forward to reading all your interesting replies!
Have a fun day! Love, Pooja. 😊
Just sharing some brief events of yesterday here today! Yesterday was definitely one lovely day out here in Mumbai – especially one worth sharing details about!
Monsoons have officially started here. It has been really beautiful to see sunlight filtering through the window one second only to be replaced by gray clouds in the next! This weather pattern will now officially continue well into mid-August.
This is precisely why yesterday night, it felt great to be tucked in into my cosy place after having spent most of the evening waddling through watery roads and streets on the way home from work! And I must add, this was definitely one of life’s little pleasures! 😊
Yesterday’s enchantment didn’t just end here! It also marked the arrival of a book from one of my favourite authors that I had prebooked earlier. It has been launched on the 29th of May and I am so excited to be having it with me, here, now! It was my special book Thursday! 😃
It’s titled, ‘Sita – Warrior of Mithila‘.
Written by Amish, this book is book number 2 from the Ram Chandra Series. Amish is previously well known for his Shiva trilogy series which had a gripping storyline.
These series tell us the story from the Era of Lord Ram. Book 1 of these series was released about more than a year ago which left all the readers on an interesting turn in it’s story almost begging for more!
So yesterday night was spent in indulging in the things I love! A rainy day, a cosy reading nook and a lovely book! What else could a girl want? Especially one who loves to read! 😊
So that’s it regarding yesterday. Today has already arrived and it is meant to be another beautiful day, full of interesting surprises I am sure! Any particular event that made yesterday special for you? Do let me know. Let’s celebrate life’s little pleasures! 😊
Wish you a beautiful day. Love, Pooja!
“Life is better when you are happy!”
Hope you guys are having an amazing week! Although I am writing a post on things you should do more often, I am going to talk a bit about the picture above. I simply liked the kid in the picture on seeing him! His colourful dress is a treat to the eyes & isn’t that smile simply contagious? The picture completely justifies the word ‘happiness’, thereby making it a mandatory share on my blog! 😊
I prefer a couple of lovely websites for free stock images (Since I don’t want to get into any legal complications) to use for my blog posts. Using these till I actually start around clicking my own ones. This particular one is taken from Upsplash. It has an incredible collection of HD quality pictures captured by photographers which are free to use. Do check out the website sometime to see the beautiful pictures and boost your mood! 😊 Have you seen better ones? Feel free to share where you get your blog post images from!
Coming back to the blog post topic! Today is a Wednesday. Inspired by the trending wellness Wednesday hashtag, I have decided to share 3 things that you should do more often. They are guaranteed to give you good results in the long run by affecting your mental and physical wellbeing. Read on, wellness is just half a blog post away;
- Notice life’s little pleasures – Be it a sweet smiling baby, a beautiful butterfly or a breathtaking rainbow, these everyday little pleasures add sunshine to any normal day. Often times we ignore these little joys and focus on life’s problems and stresses as they are always at the back of our minds. Make it a point to live completely in the present moment and on encountering joy, stop and appreciate it fully.
- Stop comparing – “Do not compare somebody’s tomorrow to your today!” Comparison kills creativity and originality. Each person is unique and one rule cannot apply to us all. To add to it all, each individual person works by his or her own unique time zone. If we are all different, how can we compare one person’s achievements or failures to another one’s? Think over it. Comparison only gives rise to negativity. Compete with your own self and strive to do your best!
- Practice affirmations – We all see and hear affirmations being talked about on social media. Their power cannot be overstated. Start and end your day with affirmations. They can simply be single positive statements you say to yourself or even a collection of some of them together. The key is to feel good. If you haven’t started this practice already, start now!
Remember that focussing on negativity and problems help no one. Let them go. Let the past stay where it should, in the past. These 3 practices can help you enjoy the present and to become more aware of your surroundings. See life through rose-tinted glasses!
Have a positive day. Love, Pooja.
It feels good to finally find time to write and connect with you all again! This has been a very busy and eventful week for me. Most of you must have had a busy one too. Sure, I had some new experiences and learnt new stuff but we all do need some leisure time – time just for us!
I haven’t been able to write a lot or even do anything apart from work. I have missed my ‘me’ time as well which is why, this week, when I have been called to work on a Sunday as well, it really made my mood fly out of the window!
Working on a Sunday is just sad which is how I am feeling right now. It’s just like dark clouds have rushed and covered the bright and cheerful skies and washed away my idea of a happy weekend!
But that’s when I decided to think about this in another way. Being a writer for a blog on successful living, I simply had to, didn’t I? I decided to be grateful for the fact that I had a job. The world has many people in it who are restlessly seeking employment opportunities, I was once one of them too. So now, when I have one, shouldn’t I practice gratitude for it?
This very incident has inspired me to write today’s blog post! Can you think about the many useful and essential things each of us already has? Have we expressed our gratitude for each and every one of them? Let’s just name a few which each one of us is blessed with;
- The air we breathe in – It’s free and our very life is dependent on it and we all have it around us! But do we thank air? I think we should at least appreciate its presence.
- Food – The world has too many people who go to sleep hungry every single day. Practice gratitude for the food you are served.
- Shelter – Be aware of the roof over your head. Be a little more grateful if you own it!
- Water – The clear liquid which has too many roles to count in our lives. Have access to it? You are blessed.
- Education – A very important journey that can take you places. Be grateful because not everyone gets the means to study.
- Employment – Something that gives you an opportunity to trade your skills for money which can buy you independence! Be thankful for your job!
- Electricity – We all use electronic devices and currently you all are reading this blog which is possible only because of the device in front of you! Not everyone has access to such devices and technology.
- Happy moments – Be it a small happy second to a large happy event, remember that there was someone in the world who wished to have a reason to smile today!
- Loving people – Surrounded by people who love you, wish the best for you and prioritize you? Be grateful for their presence in your life and give them a call today!
- A purpose to live life – Whether it is to be successful in your endeavors, to achieve peace of mind or to maintain a beautiful home, having a purpose to live life is a gift. Embrace it and be grateful for it.
To name a few, all of us have these lovely things which add meaning to our lives. Be thankful for their presence and make a promise to your own self to be grateful for all that you receive in this life – Be it good or bad, as good things are often masked as bad ones!
Learn to live life and to observe it through rose-tinted glasses! 😊
Wish you a happy weekend! Love, Pooja.
It’s Mother’s day today! A day celebrated in order to respect the women who have taken up the daunting task of motherhood!
Being a mother is a full time job for both working women as well as homemakers. Every mother faces many challenges on her journey but seems to forget them all, just on seeing her child smile!
Mother’s love their children, stand by them, prioritize their child’s needs and mould their children into better human beings. They definitely have the most important job in the world!
My mom is everything to me. Without her I would have had no existence as she is the one who has given me this gift of life itself! She is a strong woman who has done everything that is possible to help me have a happy and healthy life! I wish to be like her someday. If I do, nothing can make me prouder! 😊 Love you a lot, Mom!
Respect to all the mothers out there and keep the good work going! Here’s a reminder for you – You’re doing great and your kids love you! 😊
Wish every mother out there a very happy Mother’s day!
Wish you all loads of love and happiness. Spend some loving moments with your mom today.
It’s a beautiful day out here in Mumbai today! It’s Saturday after all! The weekend, when everyone is in a happier and relaxed state of mind.
Today has become even more special due to the rain. Yes indeed! The first rain has blessed us with its lovely appearance and has given rise to happiness and joy in people’s hearts! Although a bit untimely, most people are at their cheerful self because of nature’s surprise today.
Outside, the world depicts an enchanting gray sky with sparse rain falling from the clouds. It shimmers slightly as it touches the ground below and makes one believe in the beauty of nature all over again!
This is why, today, I visited this lake in my neighbourhood (it seemed like the ideal day to do so!) It looked all the more beautiful today and here is where I captured this picturesque view posted above! I have also pinged back this post to ‘The daily post’s’ weekly photo challenge. This week’s theme is ‘reflecting’!
This picture is captured using my phone, (sorry for the picture quality), after the rain seemed to cease a little. The buildings are reflected in the lake below.
As I looked at each building and it’s reflection, it made me reflect on one important life lesson. I felt that the more we achieve in our lives and rise onward and upward, the bigger the roots we should grow into our ground to stay balanced as an individual. Think over it!
This is why I thought of sharing this picture with you all! Does this view convey something different to you? Do let me know!
Have a fun Saturday! 😊
I am sure that reading that title above is enough to let you know that I am about to share an infographic with you all today!
I am a huge fan of infographics! With their beautiful colours, fonts and clarity, they state information out to the reader in the most engaging way possible. Personally, I feel that information conveyed through infographics is better understood as well as retained by our senses and the brain. This is why, I have tried my hand at creating an infographic today!
Read on and do let me know if you liked my first attempt at creating an infographic! If you have any more tips for me, do feel free to drop in a comment below!
Hope you enjoyed reading through!
Think over these reasons and have a thoughtful Tuesday, everyone!