I love to write. There is something magical about this relaxing process through which one can pen down what one feels.
This is precisely why it feels amazing to be liked for doing what you love most! Rishabh has nominated me for the ‘One Lovely Blog Award’. This award has really cheered me up! Thanks a lot for this nomination! 😊
Rishabh has a lovely and interesting blog set up here and is just starting to review books as well. I look forward to his posts! Do check out his blog!
Coming back to the awards!
Here are the rules:
- Each nominee must thank the person who nominated them and link their blog in their post.
- They must include the rules and add the blog award badge as an image.
- Must add 7 facts about themselves.
- Nominate 15 people to do the award!
So here are 7 facts about me:
- I love eating sweets. I am a hopeless sweet-tooth!
- I love the smell of new books.
- Home is my favourite place to be!
- Sometimes I can turn into a couch potato.
- I love playing badminton.
- My personality type is INFP.
- Any sort of news related to science interests me.
I don’t want to break the actual rules but choosing only 15 bloggers from all the lovely bloggers out here is something I really could not do. This is why I wish to nominate every blogger here who wants to participate as I think every one deserves this one! In fact I would love it if every one who reads this post comments on it by stating at least one fact about themselves.
Looking forward to reading all your interesting replies!
Have a fun day! Love, Pooja. 😊
Just sharing some brief events of yesterday here today! Yesterday was definitely one lovely day out here in Mumbai – especially one worth sharing details about!
Monsoons have officially started here. It has been really beautiful to see sunlight filtering through the window one second only to be replaced by gray clouds in the next! This weather pattern will now officially continue well into mid-August.
This is precisely why yesterday night, it felt great to be tucked in into my cosy place after having spent most of the evening waddling through watery roads and streets on the way home from work! And I must add, this was definitely one of life’s little pleasures! 😊
Yesterday’s enchantment didn’t just end here! It also marked the arrival of a book from one of my favourite authors that I had prebooked earlier. It has been launched on the 29th of May and I am so excited to be having it with me, here, now! It was my special book Thursday! 😃
It’s titled, ‘Sita – Warrior of Mithila‘.
Written by Amish, this book is book number 2 from the Ram Chandra Series. Amish is previously well known for his Shiva trilogy series which had a gripping storyline.
These series tell us the story from the Era of Lord Ram. Book 1 of these series was released about more than a year ago which left all the readers on an interesting turn in it’s story almost begging for more!
So yesterday night was spent in indulging in the things I love! A rainy day, a cosy reading nook and a lovely book! What else could a girl want? Especially one who loves to read! 😊
So that’s it regarding yesterday. Today has already arrived and it is meant to be another beautiful day, full of interesting surprises I am sure! Any particular event that made yesterday special for you? Do let me know. Let’s celebrate life’s little pleasures! 😊
Wish you a beautiful day. Love, Pooja!
“Life is better when you are happy!”
Hope you guys are having an amazing week! Although I am writing a post on things you should do more often, I am going to talk a bit about the picture above. I simply liked the kid in the picture on seeing him! His colourful dress is a treat to the eyes & isn’t that smile simply contagious? The picture completely justifies the word ‘happiness’, thereby making it a mandatory share on my blog! 😊
I prefer a couple of lovely websites for free stock images (Since I don’t want to get into any legal complications) to use for my blog posts. Using these till I actually start around clicking my own ones. This particular one is taken from Upsplash. It has an incredible collection of HD quality pictures captured by photographers which are free to use. Do check out the website sometime to see the beautiful pictures and boost your mood! 😊 Have you seen better ones? Feel free to share where you get your blog post images from!
Coming back to the blog post topic! Today is a Wednesday. Inspired by the trending wellness Wednesday hashtag, I have decided to share 3 things that you should do more often. They are guaranteed to give you good results in the long run by affecting your mental and physical wellbeing. Read on, wellness is just half a blog post away;
- Notice life’s little pleasures – Be it a sweet smiling baby, a beautiful butterfly or a breathtaking rainbow, these everyday little pleasures add sunshine to any normal day. Often times we ignore these little joys and focus on life’s problems and stresses as they are always at the back of our minds. Make it a point to live completely in the present moment and on encountering joy, stop and appreciate it fully.
- Stop comparing – “Do not compare somebody’s tomorrow to your today!” Comparison kills creativity and originality. Each person is unique and one rule cannot apply to us all. To add to it all, each individual person works by his or her own unique time zone. If we are all different, how can we compare one person’s achievements or failures to another one’s? Think over it. Comparison only gives rise to negativity. Compete with your own self and strive to do your best!
- Practice affirmations – We all see and hear affirmations being talked about on social media. Their power cannot be overstated. Start and end your day with affirmations. They can simply be single positive statements you say to yourself or even a collection of some of them together. The key is to feel good. If you haven’t started this practice already, start now!
Remember that focussing on negativity and problems help no one. Let them go. Let the past stay where it should, in the past. These 3 practices can help you enjoy the present and to become more aware of your surroundings. See life through rose-tinted glasses!
Have a positive day. Love, Pooja.