My 7 step magical Sunday morning routine that works!
It has been quite a long time since I posted on this blog. It was a much needed break that felt really good. Being into a constantly evolving career comprising of digital marketing and sales with demanding timelines, it is very easy to feel all over the place and overwhelmed. But I am back and will be up and about regularly henceforth. Today I am going to be letting yu in on my Sunday morning routine!
Why should I have a routine even on a Sunday? So why do you need a Sunday morning routine you might ask! Since each and every one of us works on a schedule throughout the week, it is very essential to have at least a day dedicated solely to achieving calm and peace within yourself! In case you are dealing with a stressful day, here are some tips to help wind you down!
I am a firm believer of spending a lot of time dedicated to making myself grow. It is only when we are at utter peace and calm with ourselves that we can achieve self growth and miracles in our day to day lives!
This is the very reason why I have a special Sunday morning routine! This helps me stay relaxed and ready to face the new week with renewed energy and enthusiasm. Since a lot of people feel overwhelmed or anxious on Sundays, I have decided to let you in on this routine which really works for me!
On to my 7 step magical routine:
- Sunday = ME day: Treat Sunday as a day set aside just for yourself! This is your day, spend it doing what you love most! Schedule some time out for self care rituals, working on your side hustle or to even progress at your new hobby! I spend my Sunday by working on things that I love, like working on my bullet journal, treating myself to an amazing dessert and so on! 🙂
- Wake up: While this one may seem obvious but it is what makes a TON of a difference! What i mean by this is DO NOT set an alarm on a Sunday morning! Instead try to hit the bed early on a Saturday night and then let your body complete its natural sleep cycle and rhythm. Just sync in to your own body clock! This natural sleep is very essential for good health and healthy neural connections even! Since I am a fairly early riser, I am up by 7.30 am on most Sundays.
- Make your bed: So what is SO magically amazing about making your own bed? It is the feeling that you have already begun the day and have tidied up and organised something! A tidy space is definitely a more productive space! I always feel the simple joy of making my own bed! It is more likely a regular over the week ritual for me!
- Meditate: I think I would require a WHOLE NEW BLOG POST to write over how meditation can change your life over time! Believe me when I say meditation is not something to be ignored! Dedicate at least 10 minutes of your Sunday morning to meditation and be prepared to see significant improvements in your mental health and productivity! I use the Headspace App in order to get meditating on a regular basis and track my progress!
- Drink water: JUST Drink it – Lots of it! You will thank me later!
- Eat a wholesome breakfast: Although not exclusively a Sunday morning ritual, having a wholesome breakfast ensures that you can kickstart the day on an energetic note! More energy means all the more energy and enthusiasm to work on the things that you love! My favourite breakfast on Sundays is some omelettes and buttered toast and it is enough to fuel me up!
- Try a new self care ritual: My favourite is to just be still! We are constantly running around the clock throughout the week and have lost our ability to find the whole meaning of being in the present, in the now, with peace with our own selves! I have realised that this has helped me make sense of many crossroads in my life and has also led to a good flow of creative juices! I suggest you to try this or find your own one which adds value to your Sunday!
So this is my 7 step magical routine! Is there a particular routine which you have? Let me know in the comments if you do and do give this piece of content a share to spread the word! 🙂Photo by Bailey Zindel on Unsplash