It feels good to finally find time to write and connect with you all again! This has been a very busy and eventful week for me. Most of you must have had a busy one too. Sure, I had some new experiences and learnt new stuff but we all do need some leisure time – time just for us!
I haven’t been able to write a lot or even do anything apart from work. I have missed my ‘me’ time as well which is why, this week, when I have been called to work on a Sunday as well, it really made my mood fly out of the window!
Working on a Sunday is just sad which is how I am feeling right now. It’s just like dark clouds have rushed and covered the bright and cheerful skies and washed away my idea of a happy weekend!
But that’s when I decided to think about this in another way. Being a writer for a blog on successful living, I simply had to, didn’t I? I decided to be grateful for the fact that I had a job. The world has many people in it who are restlessly seeking employment opportunities, I was once one of them too. So now, when I have one, shouldn’t I practice gratitude for it?
This very incident has inspired me to write today’s blog post! Can you think about the many useful and essential things each of us already has? Have we expressed our gratitude for each and every one of them? Let’s just name a few which each one of us is blessed with;
- The air we breathe in – It’s free and our very life is dependent on it and we all have it around us! But do we thank air? I think we should at least appreciate its presence.
- Food – The world has too many people who go to sleep hungry every single day. Practice gratitude for the food you are served.
- Shelter – Be aware of the roof over your head. Be a little more grateful if you own it!
- Water – The clear liquid which has too many roles to count in our lives. Have access to it? You are blessed.
- Education – A very important journey that can take you places. Be grateful because not everyone gets the means to study.
- Employment – Something that gives you an opportunity to trade your skills for money which can buy you independence! Be thankful for your job!
- Electricity – We all use electronic devices and currently you all are reading this blog which is possible only because of the device in front of you! Not everyone has access to such devices and technology.
- Happy moments – Be it a small happy second to a large happy event, remember that there was someone in the world who wished to have a reason to smile today!
- Loving people – Surrounded by people who love you, wish the best for you and prioritize you? Be grateful for their presence in your life and give them a call today!
- A purpose to live life – Whether it is to be successful in your endeavors, to achieve peace of mind or to maintain a beautiful home, having a purpose to live life is a gift. Embrace it and be grateful for it.
To name a few, all of us have these lovely things which add meaning to our lives. Be thankful for their presence and make a promise to your own self to be grateful for all that you receive in this life – Be it good or bad, as good things are often masked as bad ones!
Learn to live life and to observe it through rose-tinted glasses! 😊
Wish you a happy weekend! Love, Pooja.