It’s monday today! This day marks the start of another eventful week of work which is why getting worked up and anxious is but natural.
Wishing to start every week on a happy note? Get rid of those monday blues now by reading through these quick fixes guaranteed to get you cheerful in no time!
- Figure out why you dread ‘the Mondays’ – Stop dreading Mondays right now! Realise that monday is just like any other day, which it actually is. Try to zero in on what exactly is making you dread Mondays. A little self introspection can help here. Is the dread related to not getting to office on time? Set your alarm a bit earlier than usual and see how it works for you. Is it because of your work? Try to get the issue resolved to get rid of the monday blues! Figuring the cause for your dread will help you solve this problem once and for all!
- Schedule a fun activity – Notice how we look forward to the fun activities we schedule? Who said that fun can be only had on weekends? If you have a relatively free monday evening coming up, schedule something fun to look forward to after work! Go shopping or watch a movie which you have been planning to watch for quite some time now. Meet up some friends for a quick get-together or binge on tv!
- Meditation or exercise – These are great at eliminating the feeling of dread and replacing them with positive feelings. Meditation and exercise boost your happiness levels and decrease stress. They increase the blood supply throughout the body and make you feel refreshed and energetic. These help boost your immune system, increase your strength as well as cut the flab! All in all, a great package to try out.
- Listen to music – Listen to good music, one with motivating and uplifting lyrics! Researchers have found out that musical beats affect out heartbeats and thereby affect our mood. This activity is also said to be a complete workout for the brain as it improves your memory, your listening skills, decreases pain, aids in sleep issues and so on. So what are you waiting got? Go grab those headphones now!
- Go walking – There are a few things that cannot be cured by a simple walk. Walking is great for both physical and mental health. About 5 minutes are also enough for your body to show anti-anxiety effects!
Try these methods to beat your monday blues in no time and do let me know if they worked for you! They sure do work for me! You don’t even need any expensive stuff to indulge in all these. Know something else that works even better for you? Let me know!
Let’s have happier Mondays!